As a long-time self-employed person, I have many irons in the fire. One of my primary ways to make my living is through desktop publishing, book and magazine design. For years I shared a partnership owning a small business called “Typesetting Etc.” in San Francisco. In 2005 I went independent and started working out of my home under the name “Cloverleaf Productions” but as of 2012 I’ve dropped that too, and am just doing business as myself. Further down you can find a selected list of clients past and present.
I also peddle some of my creations, including books and bicycle “license plates”. Here are some links where you can purchase these by paypal and I’ll send them to you directly!
6″ x 12″ plastic (!)
perfect for hanging from bicycle!
6″ x 12″ plastic (!) perfect
for hanging from bicycle!
Nowtopia: How Pirate Programmers, Outlaw Bicyclists, and Vacant-lot Gardeners are Inventing the Future Today!
After the Deluge: A novel of post-economic San Francisco
Download the pdf of “After the Deluge” and leave a donation if you will!
Reclaiming San Francisco: History, Politics, Culture
desktop publishing, book and magazine design
Client List past and present (selected):
International Longshore and Warehouse Union The Dispatcher (1998-2008)
Great Basin Publishing
Inside the Glitter: Lives of Casino Workers
I Was Born a Black Woman
website for film documentary on Benedita da Silva
Mae Silver, author
- Stars on the Diamond: Early women’s softball in Jersey
- Too Hot to Hide: Remarkable Women of Ft. Lauderdale
- Watch Out Ivy!
- Rancho San Miguel: A San Francisco Neighborhood History
- The Sixth Star: Images and Memorabilia of California Women’s Political History 1868-1915
- Lucky 130
Telegraph Hill Dwellers Association
- The Semaphore
Haight Ashbury Literary Journal
Book designs for
• Cooking Together, A Vegetarian Co-op Cookbook (Shanta Nimbark Sacharoff: 2017)
• Saving San Francisco’s Heart: How to win elections, reclaim our city, and keep SF a special place (Bay Guardian Books: 2017)
• Stars on the Diamond: Early women’s softball in Jersey (Mae K. Silver: 2014)
• The Tenderloin: Sex, Crime, and Resistance in the Heart of San Francisco (Urban Reality Press: 2013)
• Why Is That Bridge Painted Orange? (Inquiring Minds: 2013)
• Shift Happens! Critical Mass at 20 (Full Enjoyment Books: 2012)
• Too Hot to Hide: Remarkable Women of Ft. Lauderdale (Mae K. Silver: 2012)
• Ten Years That Shook the City (City Lights Foundation: 2011)
• Vanished Waters: The History of San Francisco’s Mission Bay (Mission Creek Conservancy: 2nd edition 2011)
• With Green Day in China (Cometbus #54) (2011)
• Watch Out Ivy! (Ord Street Press: 2009)
• An American Anarchist’s Tale (Gimbel Press: 2008)
• Chinatown Squad (Noir Publications: 2008)
• Nowtopia (AK Press: 2008)
• The Toughest Gang in Town (Noir Publications: 2005)
• After The Deluge (Full Enjoyment Books: 2004)
• The Political Edge (City Lights Foundation: 2004)
• Critical Mass: Bicycling’s Defiant Celebration (AK Press: 2002)
• Twilight of the Male Ego (Tsunami Inc.: 2002)
• Rancho San Miguel: A San Francisco Neighborhood History (Ord Street Press: 2001)
• The Sixth Star: Images and Memorabilia of California Women’s Political History 1868-1915
(Ord Street Press: 2000)
• Inside the Glitter: Lives of Casino Workers (Great Basin Publishing: 1999)
• Bike Traffic (Bicycle Community Project)
• Lucky 130 (Ord Street Press: 1999)
• A Pioneer Community of Faith (Old First Presbyterian, publisher: 1999)
• The Congress of Clowns and other Russian circus acts (Kropotkin Club of San Francisco: 1998)
• Reclaiming San Francisco (City Lights Books: 1998)
• Bad Attitude (Verso Books: 1990)
• Tamsen’s Notebooks Vol. I, II, III (Julie Cairol, publisher: 1980s)